Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Lithofin Day. in the Tiling Courses - Tile Workshops area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

O

Old Mod

Please checkout the following advertisement.
So today,
@JulianSidney, @GaryTheTiler and myself,
all went down to Arlesford in Hampshire, to
spend the day with Uncle Bob,
aka @Lithofin BOB our resident mad scientist!
And all we got was this bloody t-shirt!
IMG_8017.JPG
Oh and hat, and sandwiches and coffee and biscuits! :D

Turns out Bob's not a mad scientist after all!!
Just bloody mad! :p

But what he is, is an extremely knowledgeable man with many many years of hands on experience in his field.
Everything from prepping, cleaning and sealing right thro to restoration, and repolishing.
He is an absolute wealth of information that extends well beyond that of your average corporate instructor!
and.............he's truly nice guy. :)

We were very warmly welcomed, and looked after all day.

Doesn't matter what level of knowledge you possess, there is plenty more to learn or even to reaffirm what you think you might know.
The day is very comprehensive and is tailored to suit everybodies needs.
Can't recommend it enough!
Make time, go visit!

Oh and we got one more thing too!

............. a shed load of literature.
IMG_8018.JPG

Cheers Bob! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
O

Old Mod

Ok, so this is a little embarrassing!
I've been talking with Julian for so long now and thro so many different mediums, that It certainly didn't feel like I was meeting him for the first time today, (but in fact it was) and he's still the same bloke I speak to on a regular basis!
I just know what he looks like now. :)
He's also someone I'm pleased to be able to call a friend!

OP
O

Old Mod

Certainly one of the most useful things we picked up was the fact that on their website there is a complete set of printable method statements.
These can not only be used for a fitters reference, they are also a useful tool that can be left with a client when your project is completed.
This way, not only do they have all the relevant information pertaining to their particular wall or floor, but they can not be left in any doubt as to what their own individual maintenance program should consist of.
Sounds like a great way to ensure that there is no miscommunication between yourself and the client.
There are also specific after care service cards available, which are completed by the installer on completion of works.
IMG_8019.JPG

Reply to Lithofin Day. in the Tiling Courses - Tile Workshops area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock