Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Limestone on ufh in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Crae48

-
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Morning all,
I’m preparing to tile a 40M2 area with 15mm, light coloured limestone 400mm x 600mm. I have purchased mapei mapetex uncoupling membrane and ardex af 200 plus to stick this down. Screed is Cemex supaflow, (anhydride) laid 2 months ago, with wet underfloor heating system which will not be warmed up any time soon. Laitance has been removed. I have done many searches for the correct https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ and there is varying advice received. I am leaning towards kerakoll h40 eco flex, purely because of the positive feedback I have came across, but all suggestions welcome. Also, I’m in Tyne and Wear, so recommended suppliers of any suitable adhesives, would also be welcome.
Thanks in advance
Chris

OP
C

Crae48

-
Reaction score
Hi Chris. Is the heating fully piped, why can’t the screed be commissioned with heat ?
Hello Dave,
This is a barn conversion I’m undertaking and the Gas services have been delayed for one reason or another. Gonna be another 6-8 weeks before I can commission the boiler and heating. The heating is fully piped and under pressure, has been since the screed went in 2 months ago.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Hello Dave,
This is a barn conversion I’m undertaking and the Gas services have been delayed for one reason or another. Gonna be another 6-8 weeks before I can commission the boiler and heating. The heating is fully piped and under pressure, has been since the screed went in 2 months ago.

It’s taking a risk tile a screed that hasn’t been heated. How long has the screed been down ?

OP
C

Crae48

-
Reaction score
It’s taking a risk tile a screed that hasn’t been heated. How long has the screed been down ?
Screeds been down 2 months. I really need to lay at least one area where the kitchen units are, to allow the kitchen to be fitted. I may have to take the risk in this area if my services don’t materialise😞

Ajax123

TF
Arms
Reaction score
UFH MUST be commissioned and fun. They could hire in a temporary boiler for a couple if hundred quid from force dry Ltd. Their needs to be a moisture test and with it being limestone on heated sccreed it should be uncoupled on ditra of similar.

If you go ahead on the basis you are currently suggesting you are asking for problems

OP
C

Crae48

-
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.
It seems the only option would be bals flexbone 2easy system. If there is a rep on here who could advise on correct adhesives and all guidelines to ensure guarantees are valid, I would appreciate the information.
Thanks in advance,
Chris.

P

Perfect Tiling

If its an anhydrite floor thats been down for 2 months with no heat through the UFH....its likely that its not ready to tile. Any trapped moisture could force the floor to fail...at your expense. Why let the other trades force you to do something that's wrong just so they can get on with their part of the job. If you tile it and they fit the kitchen over it and the floor then fails and needs relaid.....they won't come an remove the kitchen and refit at at their expense. As Ajax say's...it must be laid on a decoupling system being as its a natural stone floor. Iv'e never used it but BAL do a floating decoupling mat that literally sucks itself to an anhydrite style floor....see if you have a CTD local to you.....you should have...they stock it and may be able to give advice.

OP
C

Crae48

-
Reaction score
If its an anhydrite floor thats been down for 2 months with no heat through the UFH....its likely that its not ready to tile. Any trapped moisture could force the floor to fail...at your expense. Why let the other trades force you to do something that's wrong just so they can get on with their part of the job. If you tile it and they fit the kitchen over it and the floor then fails and needs relaid.....they won't come an remove the kitchen and refit at at their expense. As Ajax say's...it must be laid on a decoupling system being as its a natural stone floor. Iv'e never used it but BAL do a floating decoupling mat that literally sucks itself to an anhydrite style floor....see if you have a CTD local to you.....you should have...they stock it and may be able to give advice.
Thanks for the replies, I’m going with the flexbone 2easy 👍🏻

Reply to Limestone on ufh in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
chris14498
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock