Discuss Lightweight adhesives in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

Dumbo

With magix I know it's a 10k bag but how many litres does it contain and many litres does it make when its mixed , does it make more than the volume of the bag and the volume of water combined ?

J

J Sid

we used to do this with an adhesive, won't name the make. We did this because it was unusable if mixed with correct water amount. Had a failure, company rep came out and burnt out his mixer trying to mix it correctly.
failure turned out to be the product didn't do what it said it was capable of in then end, not to much water.
the adhesive I'm using at the moment has two water amounts depending on what you are Tiling, walls or floors

F

Flintstone

I was using ultra spes the other week on a fair size floor and I thought I would measure the water out to get a consistent mix throughout, which I always do in that situation but first time with this product. I was using a good 6 litres. Recommended is 5.2 - 5.5.

J

J Sid

found that with the CTD ultra.
now using bal, yes more expensive but like it and is right to work with the water they say use.

O

One Day

I add a little more water to Magix when using very large format.
I think the recommended 4.2ltrs (iirc) makes it a little too firm for my liking.

F

Flintstone

I've avoided BAL for many years but I've been using it a bit recently for a certain contact and I find it nice to use. They don't do a light weight tho. Infact there latest adhesive is marketed as 'gel' and shares characteristics with the pourable one so that's gonna be the opposite of light !

J

J Sid

yes, sorry, wasn't talking light weight adhesive.

seen the new bal semi rapid in action and if you shop around it can be got for the same price as rapid, but for my normal working methods it is to slow.

D

Dumbo

Ive used grey spes for the first time last week got to admit didnt read the ratios but it mixed up beatifully really nice to handle

Reply to Lightweight adhesives in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
andymtl24
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks