Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Lifting loose tiles in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

H573

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi all,
I’ve been asked to lift and replace some loose tiles (see picture).
The customer only has a few spares and has asked if it’s possible to lift the loose ones without breaking and refix them. The tiles are also butted up together. Is there any way this is possible?
Just for the record I didn’t lay them originally.
1575639954468.jpeg

Tony_C

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
If they are loose then use a suction cup to lift them, once you have one up the rest are more accessible

OP
H573

H573

TF
Reaction score
Hi all,
I’ve been asked to lift and replace some loose tiles (see picture).
The customer only has a few spares and has asked if it’s possible to lift the loose ones without breaking and refix them. The tiles are also butted up together. Is there any way this is possible?
Just for the record I didn’t lay them originally. View attachment 111364
Thanks Tony 👍🏼

Tony_C

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I'd avoid a job like that personally. There is a bigger reason they are coming loose and simply refitting the loose ones won't fix that. Can of worms!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I was about to say what Tony said and ask why it's lifting in the first place.

I assume wrong https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ used or something that's just going to make the rest come off at some point too.

D

Dumbo

Pound to a penny it's because they're butt jointed and as above tenting .
Used to see it on some houses built in the 80s where they used pilks butt fixed in the shower , touch them and they were off

OP
H573

H573

TF
Reaction score
Thanks lads for all your input, much appreciated as always. Gonna try push for full retile or walk away 👍🏼

Reply to Lifting loose tiles in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock