Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Levelling systems & when to use them in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

L

LM

Is soaking the clips in water a myth?
I’ve heard it helps them to stretch without snapping so soon but I’ve never bothered to try it. I do notice in the winter months that the cold plastic is more brittle so it makes sense that warmer plastic will be less brittle.

B

Blunt Tool

I’ve heard it helps them to stretch without snapping so soon but I’ve never bothered to try it. I do notice in the winter months that the cold plastic is more brittle so it makes sense that warmer plastic will be less brittle.
Just so I don’t look like a numpty opening bags of clips and pouring them into warm water :D
Thought maybe Marc formally of the arc was pulling my wotsits

S

Spare Tool

Just so I don’t look like a numpty opening bags of clips and pouring them into warm water :D
Thought maybe Marc formally of the arc was pulling my wotsits
Just pour em into a big plastic tub...looks like your know what your doing then ;)
wp_ss_20181108_0001.png

OP
J
Reaction score
Why is it, the stuff you actually need like RIGHT NOW you can never get!! Tile cutter to cut 1200’s.. NOPE! Had to trek to northampton and I can’t bloody use the thing. Flat spacers for levelling. NOPE! Mail order only.. :mad:

D

Dumbo

Rubi used to say to soak . They didn't say warm water I've never understood soaking an impermeable product .

D

Dumbo

Why is it, the stuff you actually need like RIGHT NOW you can never get!! Tile cutter to cut 1200’s.. NOPE! Had to trek to northampton and I can’t bloody use the thing. Flat spacers for levelling. NOPE! Mail order only.. :mad:
2 shops in my little town sell flat bottomed clips . The next little town sells a different make of flat clips . Maybe look harder I don't know but I heard london is pretty big .

S

Spare Tool

Its the tile scribed to the brickwork, not too difficult with a good pair of nippers...pic was more about the clip storage but appreciate your comment ;)

You can get the schmox on 48hr delivery, been buying them for a good couple of years and they're very reliable on delivery..

Reply to Levelling systems & when to use them in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock