Discuss Levelling Systems - What do YOU Recommend? Which brand and why? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have been tiling since i was 17 (im 31) I have been stuck in my way and to be honest with you ill self level usually in a smaller area and build up with adhesive the majority of the time. This year i want to increase my speed and better my habits and i have heard the floor levelling systems are good and speed you up and take away any lipping with ease (I am in no illusion that i would not have to build up with adhesive underneath still)

anyway, I have a 90 sqm metre Marble floor to lay and i would love to try these out for the first time. I Start Monday....
Any advise on what you would use/recommend and why?

Tony_C

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
As Julian says the marble could mark easy, you can get protection plates for the wedges but I've only seen them offered by perfect level master in the uk at the moment. I'm sure we will start getting others over here soon.

Plm - Protective base plates

Reaction score
With a marble floor get prep 100% and don't build up adhesive and no need for leveling clips. Wedge type will scratch stone.

I was planning on using S.compound before hand in the lower areas and when i say build up with adhesive, I mean within reason! Good point on marking or wearing the Marble. I wont try the levelling system on this particular job.
I would still like the recommendations on the levelling systems?

B

Bill

No need to use clips with stone as the stone is less likely to 'bend' when clips applied like bowed porcelain does.

As for clips on porcs ... I now get the RLS block type from Italy that have thin bases so no need to use as much adhesive in the build up.

Work out cheapest other than direct from China and the quality is perfect. Buy 2000 at a time for the best saving.

O

Old Mod

Day to day work, I agree with Tom above, ferramentaweb new block.

For sensitive stone and materials MLT would be my choice, hands down.
Not cheap, but very versatile, including rubber feet available, totally customisable system.
only available direct from Italy or Ebay. Ebay very expensive way to buy tho.

Reply to Levelling Systems - What do YOU Recommend? Which brand and why? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
alangk85
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks