Discuss Levelling a DPM floor? in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Steven

TF
Reaction score
Good morning tilers,

A neighbour has recently asked me to look at tiling the floor in his garden room. The screed is incredibly rough and will need levelling first - the problem is he has already gone over it with a DPM (liquid I think). This is a new problem for me and I'm not sure how/if that can be tackled. Am I right in understanding that a self leveller won't bond leaving it to just crack? Any help would be really appreciated - how and if I can carry out the job successfully.

I have attached a couple of pictures.

Many thanks.

IMG_20210727_093025.jpg

IMG_20210727_093030.jpg

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Sand it then over prime using an epoxy primer, sand blind whilst tacky allow to set vac up any loose sand then use whichever cement based levelling compound you like.

Reply to Levelling a DPM floor? in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
voltage2688
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks