Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Levellig with Jakoboard in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

RichN

-
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi all,

Im about to start my ensuite, and the walls are all over the place as per everything in this old house.

The walls are lath and plaster over a stud wall. I have a tonne of 12mm Jakoboard to go up to wetroom the whole room anyway. My question is how would you deal with the uneven walls? Skim the lath and plaster with tile https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ and a feather edge, then let it set then mechanically attach the Jakoboard? Or mechanically attach the Jakoboard then skim over the jakoboard to get it all flat?

Tiles are 600x1200 so need to get it as good as i can. I’d guess the walls are max an inch out in places.

From a few cutouts i’ve removed for plumbing it looks like its a combination of the stud and the plaster thats out.

Thanks
Rich

faceman

TF
Arms
Reaction score
You could try dabbing the boards on with https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ then next day screwing into the timber behind to give it a strong fixing. Where it exceeds 15mm best to double board it in areas. Make sure you’ve got a good spirit level and read the wall first then use that to level the boards up. It’s a bit cowboy but it does work. Needs must sometimes. As long as you get strong fixings in afterwards it’ll be solid.

Reply to Levellig with Jakoboard in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock