Discuss Leveling uneven backer board in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hello experts!
The walls of my bathroom were extremely uneven and out of plumb, I've now lined them with wedi style foam backer board (abacus elements board). It has worked well for 90% of the room, walls are now mostly flat and level. Though, there are a few areas where I have still ended up with some dips/hollows. With a 6ft level across the wall, there is a dip of maybe 8-10mm in places...

Any advice on how I could take out some of these low spots prior to tiling ? Would a layer of Mapei Keraquick do the trick, and then be okay to then tile on top of once dry ?

Any help would be appreciated!

H

hmtiling

Hello experts!
The walls of my bathroom were extremely uneven and out of plumb, I've now lined them with wedi style foam backer board (abacus elements board). It has worked well for 90% of the room, walls are now mostly flat and level. Though, there are a few areas where I have still ended up with some dips/hollows. With a 6ft level across the wall, there is a dip of maybe 8-10mm in places...

Any advice on how I could take out some of these low spots prior to tiling ? Would a layer of Mapei Keraquick do the trick, and then be okay to then tile on top of once dry ?

Any help would be appreciated!
Yep, nothing wrong with that plan. Good luck

Reply to Leveling uneven backer board in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks