Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Level up an entire ground floor in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Son wants wood-effect tiles all the way from the front door to the back. Concrete on all floors - but levels vary falling away to the back.
He's asked to insulate the floors with insulation board throughout - probably 10mm.

Given that we have enough height for the thickness - how best to level up and set out? I am fine on both these jobs, but have only ever done a room at a time before. So - hallway, knocked though living / dining room / kitchen and utility all the same.

Thanks in advance.

D

Dumbo

Son wants wood-effect tiles all the way from the front door to the back. Concrete on all floors - but levels vary falling away to the back.
He's asked to insulate the floors with insulation board throughout - probably 10mm.

Given that we have enough height for the thickness - how best to level up and set out? I am fine on both these jobs, but have only ever done a room at a time before. So - hallway, knocked though living / dining room / kitchen and utility all the same.

Thanks in advance.

Find the highest point . Drill the floor and put a screw in 3mm above floor level , use this as your datum point . Then repeat this process but setting each screw to the height of the first screw . Then level floor to the height of the screws .

S

Spare Tool

Definitely need to set some height markers as above, good way if you have one is to set a laser up and mark your level off on a staff, then I'd use small cuts of insulation board and joiners packers siliconed or hot glue guned to floor..

Reply to Level up an entire ground floor in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock