Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Let's talk about websites....... in the General Chat Forum | Tilers Talk area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

W

Waluigi

Please checkout the following advertisement.
I was just looking at a package when doing my site, purely for something I can update myself easily. Not really for the SEO stuff.

G

GoneGuy

I use 1&1 website for my website costs me around £9 a month and i keep forgetting to update it, I’ve had a few customers from the website and also when I’ve gone to price jobs some have mentioned my website. I mainly use Social media

OP
Andy Allen

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I have a website which I build myself and sorted it all out I can't remember exactly what the costs are for hosting but it's around £10 a year for the domain and £100 a year for the hosting. You need to put time in and think about your content and layout and also regular updates. I'm not sure how I rank on Google as when I search on my phone I come up very high but not sure if that's the same when Joe public search. It gets some traffic tho and customers see it. Are you any good with a computer ? You don't need to be bill gates.

Search tiler in Sheffield see where I come up I'd be interested to know
Who did you build it with..?

S

Spare Tool

Had my updated website for about three years, was originally with Yell and as you say the hosting fees are very expensive.. Was approached by another website company that wanted to take over and reduce hosting fees to £12 a month, cost £450 for them to build the new website which I paid in three instalments of £150 a month, so now its just £12 a month and they add any photos or make any changes I email them. Ranked on page one of google search for tiler Burnley and have got them to add me a instagram link which I update fairly regularly. Probably get around three or four calls a week off it, from regrouts to decent sized floors... Thinking about it I should perhaps remove the "no job is to big or small" phrase off it...might stop the regrout callers :)

Reaction score
I honestly think the best place is " WIX " It's Great and will build your website from wix adi all you have to do is tweek the design and replace images for own images

F

Flintstone

But it looks like it's taken 60 seconds to make, in my opinion. Same with a lot of these easy build things they all look the same

S

Spare Tool

Reaction score
But it looks like it's taken 60 seconds to make, in my opinion. Same with a lot of these easy build things they all look the same
Surely the point is you can build the basic template in a short amount of time and then tweek it to your own design or pay web designers £££££££££ s
Who basically use the same platforms

OP
Andy Allen

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I did start to do something with Wix then got way-laid, and I've already had 3 emails off them in 2 hours !
But will look into when I get more time.

You don't work for them, do you ?

Reply to Let's talk about websites....... in the General Chat Forum | Tilers Talk area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock