Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Layout dilemma in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi Guys,

First time tiler but fairly competent DIY'er (in my opinion!)

I've finished a shower room project, and have started my bathroom refit.

The tile, on the whole, has gone ok but I have an issue with tile layout on a bath surround that I am tile.
The issue is which tiled wall should I follow, for the best look, or considered norm....if there is one.

First couple of attached pics just show the project and the other two are quick mock-ups of roughly how they would look.
The bath front will be tiled just as the back wall.

Your opinions would be appreciated.

20190531_132632.jpg 20190531_132809.jpg option 1.png option 2.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Ah it’s too late on a Friday now, setting out is a midweek job.:p

T

Tile Shop

There.... Thats better... follow the mosaic down the bath and follow the joints of the second row of tiles above the bath.

Personally, I think to follow this pattern as it should go, against what you have is the best option. My only feeling is that if you had planned it slightly differently and maybe not used a full tile on the bath, you could have avoided what looks like a little jigsaw of small bits on the end boxing, but hope it looks better when its done..... other than that, good job so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice. As regards to 'if you had planned it slightly differently'....I realise now, but as a complete novice at tile, the thoughts of cuts at the top.....window....sink.....wc...etc, the thought of how to finish around the bath was last in a long list, and if honest, not really thought about at all! I am 'anal' about jobs like this, so the two small bits will be neatly done.
I've already started cutting tiles along the lines of your image...it does make sense that way you've planned it out

Reply to Layout dilemma in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock