Discuss Layout advice for "brick" layout tiles in walk in shower in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Claude

-
Reaction score
Hello!

I am about to lay a walk in shower with 120cm X 20 cm tiles.
In general the room will be a "brick" type layout.
The walk in shower is closed on 3 sides and borderless on the front.
The drain is a hole type drain which is off center, which means I will have to generally cut the 'v shape' to follow the contour of the shower floor.
The shower is 110X120 cm which means a single tile will fit the entire length - but will have to be cut to follow the contours.

My question is: should I follow the brick pattern like the rest of the room - introducing a new grout line, or simply tile this part with the minimum grouting necessary?

Here are the two examples:

1591355714372.png

thanks in advance for any insight!

regards,
Claude

Reaction score
Yep option 2, will make the shower floor pattern blend in with the rest of the floor. Unfortunately in tiling the easy option is rarely the right one.

Reply to Layout advice for "brick" layout tiles in walk in shower in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks