Discuss Laying ceramic floor tiles over vinyl tiles?? in the Floor Advice - Flooring Forum area at TilersForums.com

UK Pro Tiling Training
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
H

HenPecked

Hi, Can anyone advise how best to or whether it is OK to lay cermaic floor tiles over vinyl tiles. Looking through the forum some say it's OK whilst other suggest removing which I think will be very hard to do. The floor in question is a kitchen floor and the tiles are "extremely" well stuck down, being down I believe for some 7 years with non being loose or damaged.

If it is OK to do this what would be the recommend adhesive to use and what prepartion is required.

Previoulsy, when I have done wall tiling, I have always used 'ready mixed' opting for Weber which I had no porblems however, reading through the forum it appears that ready mixed for floor tiles isn't usually recommend.

Any advice would be much appreciated..

Thanks in advanced, Mike :innocent:

The Wetroom Store - TilersForums.com Sponsor
Reactions
You must be logged in to see the message.

K

KL Tiling

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Brian the Tile

TF
Arms
Reactions
141 9

Reply to Laying ceramic floor tiles over vinyl tiles?? in the Floor Advice - Flooring Forum area at TilersForums.com

uHeat Official Forum Sponsor for Underfloor Heating (Electric and Wet)
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.