Discuss Late night hello as a new member :) in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi, I am George, a very stressed DIYer at the moment.. First of all I have to thank all the people who shared their knowledge all there years, answering questions or posting their complete jobs.
The forum is providing a lot of answers on vital questions for simple DIY people like me and I fully appreciate that!
I am a computer technician/repair guy and I love everything DIY although lately it doesn't love me as I am getting older :)
DIY jobs... too much laminate and painting (boring), complete kitchen installs (exciting!), a complete garden revamp with artificial grass (my back still complains from the amount of bags carried for the subfloor) 20m2 of decking etc etc. The job I think I am most proud of, is our 9m2 flat roof extension which was leaking, replaced with EDM rubber material, new insulation, shinny new UPVC fascias, gutters etc.
I haven't done too much tiling, a couple of bathrooms - only walls and easier small ceramic tiles and a 2-3 kitchens, all in properties I bought and sold during the nice bubble era.... Last tiling still alive and kicking in our kitchen, a house we purchased around 12 years ago. Slate effect black tiles on the wall and proper black and white 10x10cm marble tiles on the floor - I will post some pictures tomorrow!

So, thanks again for the wealth of information and if you have some time please look at my thread posted on the main tile advise forum - any help/answers will be greatly appreciated!

George
PS... I am Greek so even after 21 years in UK, I still do some spelling mistakes - you have to live with that - sorry :)

O

Old Mod

Hey George,
Thanks for the post, it’s great to get positive feedback from members.
We all give our time for free on here, so it makes it all worthwhile when members appreciate the fact that we try to guide those in need in the best way we can.
Thanks again.

Reaction score
Thank you all for the warm welcome!!!
As promised, some photos from our kitchen.. remember I am a DIYer not a pro! :)
Oh, and the marble needs a good cleaning and resealing, I guess it is time after 11-12 years, yes yes don't shout I know it is long time :oops:

Attachments

• 20191216_173931.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 20191216_174041.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 18
  • 20191216_174101.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 20191216_174159.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 20191216_174305.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 20191216_174344.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 17

Reply to Late night hello as a new member :) in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks