Discuss Last time you installed underfloor heating? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
This forum area seems to be a bit quiet so I'm wondering if it has been a while since you guys installed electric underfloor heating? What's the score? When was the last time you've installed some?

G

Gazzer

Re: Last time your installed underfloor heating?

I was thinking about this recently, I havent done one for about 8 months, most UFH systems now are wet systems.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

Would that be something you'd venture into, or would it only be done by plumbers?

G

Gazzer

Not something I would do but I think it could be installed fairy easy, many different systems about. You wuld have to get the heating engineer or plumber to do the connections to the manifold etc I would imagine.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

Yeah to be honest I'm guessing if they've got the job to install the manifold and whatnot that actually if anything the tiler will be a subbie to him and just do the tiling and screed etc.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score

Xmas eve was the last time I installed electric UFH. Concrete floor primed twice and the sticky mat would not stick to the floor. Had to use hot glue gun in the end. This is the first time this has happened to me.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score

Last 2 bathrooms in same house just before Xmas both had UFH. It was for an electrician friend of mine so I wouldn't have expected anything less!!

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score

I've put electric UFH in the wetroom im doing at the moment.
Do find that most customers are still of the opinion its expensive to buy and run.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

Yeah perhaps so, with the energy prices sky rocketing it's easy to see why they'd make such an assumption. But any room that's heated is using energy. It's a case of picking the right one for the room I guess.

Some awesome grand design heating systems going about, but then you need to design the whole house around it and have the clout to do it too. They're always over budget sometimes twice over.

I'd still have it in any smallish room. Had it in my living room a couple of houses ago under porcelain tiles. Felt like I was on holiday all the time walking around with no shoes or socks on on a warm tiled floor, it's something I associate with an apartment in spain or whatever.

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score

Personally fitted it on 2 jobs in December but had to latex over another 3 that sparkys had fitted in another job I was doing

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

What brand did you lot use last?

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score

What brand did you lot use last?

Flexel - No me neither, friend got it from his suppliers, YESS Electrical

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score

3 bathrooms in the same house just before Christmas. 1 room the total area was under 1.5m which was fun, owing to the fact that they had units going in, but didn't know the exact size?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

Flexel isn't bad stuff I used to sell it. They're scottish, and manufacture there too I believe unlike most firms who import it. A fair few of the online stores that sell UFH will sell Flexel.

W

White Room

Last time I did one it was a year ago and helped the sparks fix it down, he did'nt have clue with the sensor...:thumbsdown:

Reply to Last time you installed underfloor heating? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks