Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss large tiles across doorway in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
I've bought some very large tiles for my bathroom floor (maybe starting to regret this now).

How deep do I need to co into the door threshold? I've undercut the doorframe and it looks like this.
to get deeper I'm going to need to do some long thin cuts on the tile to allow it to slot in further.

Whats the best/most professional way to do this? Thinking a wide transition strip doesn't look as good as a thin one.

20211119_175709.jpg
20211119_175715.jpg

JASON

TF
Reaction score
Tile is ment to be half way in the door threshold just cut the tile at the sides and have it touch the gold carpet door strip. Looks like you cut out under the door frame a bit so you have made your life a bit easier

OP
nick9one1
Reaction score
Thanks. Tiled it all bar 1 tile. I found the big tiles hard work and hit the 1 hour before managed to get the last one down (fast dry).
As advised I cut the tile to fit further into the threshold.

20211120_205037.jpg
20211120_210205.jpg

Reply to large tiles across doorway in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock