Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Large format tiling in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi,

I have 40m2 of extension joined onto about 30m2 of the existing house that I want to tile with somthing like 60x60 tiles.

Both parts have underfloor heating and the extension was screeded with sand and cement about 4 weeks ago now. The whole floor is level over the 12meters but wouldn't say its flat. It has some ups and downs of +/- 5mm so 10mm difference in places.

So my plan was to lay Ditra matting over the whole lot. I will probably use a Weber https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/.

My question is about the actual tile really. As it's a bit higher in places I was going to start tile at one of the higher areas if the floor and then use a laser level and/or a string line to keep the whole lot flat as well as a good tile levelling/clip system.

Does this sound about right? Any help or guidance would be useful. I can't use a self leveller as the screed is only a month old..

Reply to Large format tiling in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock