Discuss Large Format Tiles in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

A

AJK

Hi,

We are thinking of using some large flooring tiles in our extension (600mm x600mm). The original part of the house (1930s) will be a suspended floor and the new area will be a concrete slab. We will have underfloor heating throughout.

I've heard differing reports on whether large tiles will be prone to cracking.

I've seen you can use an uncoupling membrane for lateral movement but there still could be vertical movement/expansion caused by the ufh.

What are peoples experiences with these sort of floor tiles? Any problems with cracking?

Many thanks!

S

Spare Tool

Get a good quality porcelain tile, do the necessary prep before hand, install an anti fracture mat, tile leaving room for expansion and a joint between the two substrates and they're shouldn't be any cracking problems...

Reply to Large Format Tiles in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks