Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Kitchen Splash-back advice in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi all,

I was hoping I could get a little advice.
Currently doing a bit of tile in the kitchen and have a few internal corners. When I have to cut a tile that reaches the corner do I need to replicate the same length of tile on the wall next to it or can I use a full length tile or do I use what’s left of the tile I have cut. I can’t seem to find anything about this online.

Secondly, when going up to the extractor hood but not to the very top should I use trim on the top row of tiles. Same for the tiles that will go up to just shy of the underside of the units. I figure you won’t really be able to see this so does it matter?

Thirdly, when using trim on a vertical and horizontal joint is a quadrant corner piece all that is needed? As my tiles will stop around the lower half of my window recess I figured I would need trim or you would see the top of the tile which is not glazed.

Finally, 6mm tile i should use 8mm trim? Seems counter intuitive and depending on source I get different answers.

Thanks,
L

OP
L
Reaction score
This is the area in question. I need trim on the verticals but will also need it on the horizontals? As from that heights you could see the brown clay of the tile.

B6F0006A-F6A7-4272-9816-9A9654DCB50D.jpeg E224A9A4-0E84-489E-84B4-DD86E7D59B32.jpeg

S

Spare Tool

Set out from the centre of the hob/extractor, when you get to a corner try and near enough wrap the cuts so it appears to be a full tile, near enough is fine depending how the adjoining wall sets out..
Trim every edge where the biscuit is visible, no need under cupboards and extractor, mitre the trim at any adjoining corners, a straight trim looks better than a curved quad and you'll find much easier to mitre at the corners..
8mm trim is fine
Good luck with your job..

Reply to Kitchen Splash-back advice in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock