Discuss Kitchen flooring in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi all

just after some advise on kitchen flooring. I currently have tiles, which have been fine and enduring but my kitchen is very cold.

In the absence of underfloor heating, I’m debating between porcelain tiles and LVT. The “con” with the tiles Is they will be colder.

It seems Amtico is a decent range of LVT but the cost is pretty much double that of the tiles, and that’s only the entry range.

so I’m just after any experience/ advice you may have with cold kitchens and flooring please?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Porcelain tiles will be pretty much the same as your existing tiles. Full-bodied porcelain will retain heat or cold for a bit longer than ceramics or porcelain glazed tiles.

Can you not rip those tiles up, lay 6mm insulation boards, then underfloor heating, self-levelling compound, then tiles. Probably end up 10mm higher than your existing tiles. So a clever door strip might be required so it doesn't feel like a tiny step.

But your floor would be lovely and warm.

Perhaps speak to www.uheat.co.uk tell them Dan sent you from the forum. :)

atsgmo

-
Reaction score
Hi, can I ask what you decided in the end? LVT or porcelain? We are having the same dilemma? Thank you

Reply to Kitchen flooring in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks