Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Kilkenny Honed Limestone Sealer question in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

C

Concrete guy

Please checkout the following advertisement.
That's well cut stone. In all the years I fitted natural stone it was very rare you could have fitted this kind of volume with a 1mm joint.

3mm was what I always used, mainly so I could use a wide joint grout as HM suggests.

That said, the tighter the joints the better it looks in my mind.

S

Spare Tool

Agreed on that...really well cut, fitted a limestone floor before Christmas, started off at 3mm but the joints were varying 4,5,6,7,8mm by the third row gave up to spacers and just used a laser down the rows..

OP
B

Barnjet

TF
Reaction score
All very hectic these last few days while we completed 2nd fix plumbing, electrical and kitchen installation.

Anyway end result is we went with the Universeal sealer and tested the Wapei grout. Both David and Katrina at Trade Tiler were very helpful.

Hopefully attached video shows end result of 45sqm laid.
Thanks for all help and advice

Reply to Kilkenny Honed Limestone Sealer question in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock