Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Kerakoll idrobuild tex in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

F

Flintstone

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Has anyone used this membrane ? I'm interested to hear how it compares to the Tilemaster anti fracture membrane ? The description of its uses is a bit strange I think ..

OP
T

Time's Ran Out

Just used 100m2 of Butech anti fracture mat, not totally impressed with it - someone said it was the same as Tilemaster stuff!
Heavy roller and it still showed footprints.

OP
H

hmtiling

Has anyone used this membrane ? I'm interested to hear how it compares to the Tilemaster anti fracture membrane ? The description of its uses is a bit strange I think ..
Not impressed or convinced of how well it would work. It's like thick paper. Very easy to cut and fix and very cheap. I have very little confidence in performance though.
Get what you pay for as ever
[automerge]1562617631[/automerge]
Just used 100m2 of Butech anti fracture mat, not totally impressed with it - someone said it was the same as Tilemaster stuff!
Heavy roller and it still showed footprints.
I just float the tm mat in as I doesn't take a roller well and don't walk on it until set unlike cavity mats

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
B

Bill

I have used it serveralteen times.......what is not to like?

Light, cheap, cuts easily, https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ sticks to it incredibly well, thin, comes in 50m rolls, you don't need to wear sunglasses when fitting it............ I am sure there are more benefits too.

Frodsham Barn-10001-2.jpg

OP
D

Dumbo

I know I'm probably going against the flow but I don't like the tm mat due to its stretchy nature, and will try and use a cavity mat every time .

OP
L

LM

I’ve used Kerakoll, BAL, Atrim, Rocatex and Botament of these thin matts and for me the best one is Botament’s. It just feels the best made. The TM and Isomat thin matts are similar but very different to the others mentioned above imo and for me it’s horses for courses with them. Tiles permitting I prefer a cavity matts stuck with pressure sensitive https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ if conditions allow.

Reply to Kerakoll idrobuild tex in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock