Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Keeping your cool. in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
I did a job for a customer just before christmas she had a 50sqm travertine floor laid and the wrong sealer was applied by the tiler...(well her husband let it slip he put another type of sealer on to make it shiny) Well it looked awful and was a real job stripping it back. So i stripped it and polished it and it looked a treat and they were very happy. There was a large dresser filled up with china and they told me to go round this as they didnt want it moved. Well just after christmas she phoned and said there was a few places that had little bits of sealer on and they would just do these bits themselfs if i told them how to. So i told them and if they had a problem give me a call and i would pop back and do them.
Well this is where i do not know how i kept my cool!!! I was at work on Monday and my wife called me at 4pm and said she had been to the doctors as she had been getting chest pains over the last few days, and they told her to get straight to hospital :yikes: So her mother took her as i needed to collect my daughter from school...So at 5pm just walked in the house with two very upset children there is a message on my answer phone from this women...Telling me she is going to take me to court and her husband was coming round to my house to get there money back and really slagging me off about her floor!! Now i was mad...i was fuming :incazzato: So i settled the kids down had a cup of tea then phoned the women. I explained i was not happy with the message she had left, and i reminded her that i did say i would come and sort the bits out that she thought i had missed, she was a bit off with me but i kept calm. I had to cancel my jobs this week due to my wife still being in hospital so i arranged to go there today. Well i turned up and the bit i had missed was under the dresser they had moved :mad2: the bit i was told to leave. I explained this to her..i kept calm and said i would do it. It took me 1 hr to do but i did it for free...I must be getting soft but i wasnt going rise to the bait and have a slagging match with her...Bloody customers!!! Wife still in hospital hopefully home tmro :hurray:

OP
S

Stewart

Your a better man than me, as I wouldn't have handled it like that..........

OP
W

White Room

I think on the way out after finishing the job I would have growled, they might be the customer but theres no need for that kind message on the phone.

OP
M

mikethetile

thats the way to do it and with a cheerfull grin just to rub it in

hows your missus

I had 6 heart attacks so take it seriously , I didnt

OP
D

doug boardley

handled like a true pro Andrew, losing your rag with customers is a one way street to oblivion. Hope your Mrs is ok mate, that's the main thing.

OP
H

hillhead

Oh a cheeky one, don't you love them, not.
You didn't need it Andrew with your poor wife not well.
I hope things turn out well for your family.

OP
E

enduro

The trouble is i was warned by a few people she is a nightmare to work for...When i looked at the job i met her husband she was not there. He has his own roofing company and we hit it off straight away, a really nice guy. He built his company up from scratch, works all hours and she is as common as muck and has a bit of money and thinks she is obove everybody else..Now i think im above her by not lowering myself to her standard by slagging her off on the phone. I feel sorry for him because she really gives him a hard time.

OP
C

CJ CERAMICS

Forget about the "customer" and use all your positive energy on your wife and kids now. i hope your wife will be ok.

chris

OP
S

SandyFloor

We've all had customers like that and will do again. I like to think they're victims of their own personality and are miserable inside. At least you don't live with her. Well done on keeping it together :thumbsup:

OP
U

user123

Wow, Andrew, what few days you have had. Well done for outstanding customer service, and all the very best wishes that your wife will recover completely.

OP
N

Noaksy

blimey, think I would have bit my togue clean in half to hold back from saying some remark if that was me, well done for keeping your cool, and as the rest hope your wife gets well soon.

Reply to Keeping your cool. in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock