Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Karndean removal in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Well been to start a floor,tried to remove the karndean tiles from a screeded floor( no ufh ),but it is stuck solid,the customer has supplied all of the material's the adhesive is Bostick stone flex,so having never used this adhesive before I gave their Technical dept a ring and got their top man and he has said its ok to tile over the karndean and do not use any primer,as I was going to prime with SBR.Any thoughts on this ?.

T

Taylormade

It's not an https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ I am familiar with. However I have found in the past when talking to various Technical Depts they do know there own products capabilities. I have never fallen foul of there advice in the past.

B

Billy Hunt

Went straight over Karndean at the mother in laws about 6 years ago, no issues at all ,sugar soaped the whole lot first mind need to get any sealers off,Think I would of used something like Weber SPF.

OP
A

afright

TF
Reaction score
Well I must admit,I was a bit doubtful about using Bostick Stone flex but its a decent adhesive great to work with,I would of used Weber spf , I use it all the time but customer supplied the Adhesive.

OP
A

afright

TF
Reaction score
Have already started to tile the tech guy has said it is fine have never had a problem over vinyl,the thing is,it is stuck solid it is a big entrance hall no ufh and no chance of water leaks.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Have already started to tile the tech guy has said it is fine have never had a problem over vinyl,the thing is,it is stuck solid it is a big entrance hall no ufh and no chance of water leaks.

Im not saying they won't stay put , just I like to remove .. Peace of mind I suppose...

if and i mean if I had no choice then slurry coating would be my choice of prep.

OP
A

afright

TF
Reaction score
Wanted to put slurry coat of sbr but tech guy said no ,as its in the adhesive I swear by sbr use it all the time and do fill uncomfortable by not using it but got to go on his advice.

Reply to Karndean removal in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock