Discuss Joined because saw lots of good advice here. in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

B

Becks

Hi Guys,
Happened across your forum because like many others I have the problem of new grey slate effect porcelain tiles now covered with white marks and some sort of residue after the kitchen fitters left. :incazzato:I assume its a mix of emulsion paint and plaster dust but it is incredibly stubborn. No amount of scrubbing and scouring with ordinary household cleaners has helped. There is no sealant on the tiles, informed we didn't need any. So reading through previous posts I see a lot of good advice but is the general consensus that LTP Grimex would be best or the aqua mix phosphoric acid substitute? also if I spot clean the specific areas will it leave them looking different than the rest of the tiles? should I clean the entire floor ? Not sure what the tiles are called but they came from B & Q are dark grey and have a matt finish.
Would really value your opinions
Thanks
Becks

W

White Room

Hi and welcome.....if there a glazed tile then can't see why they would need any sealer, is there a main contractor to talk to about the mess.

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
hi becks are they the porcelthin ones from b and q, if so they claim on the website only not the packagaing that they do not need sealed but would benefit from it to stop stains!!! make of that what you wish ...i can also advise if it is these tiles to seal them as they will stain with grout application

some of the matt finish porcelain tiles may need sealed check there website more info on there than the boxes

T

Time's Ran Out

Whichever you use to clean the mess always do it in a unobtrusive test area first, and I'd not spot mark it always do a whole tile.
Welcome!

Reply to Joined because saw lots of good advice here. in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks