Discuss Join between quarry tiles and wood-faced laminate? in the Floor Advice - Flooring Forum area at TilersForums.com

P

p4ulo

Been asked to go and look at a job, basically, they've pulled out an old fireplace, kept the "hole" and plastered it and painted it, fitted a laminate floor and left the concrete hearth area exposed, now wanting it tiling with old quarry tiles, direct onto the concrete.
Not been to see it yet, just trying to get my head around products.
If the height of the finished quarry tiles is the same as the laminate, what would you "whack" around the transition join to fill the gap, allowing for the floating wood floor to expand.
I think when I've done it before I've used sealant but are there any other options.
Could do with something cheap 'cos its a job for a friend.

Cheers.

Mapei Tile Adhesive - Official forum sponsor
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Q

Qwerty

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You must be logged in to see the message.

P

p4ulo

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You must be logged in to see the message.

Reply to Join between quarry tiles and wood-faced laminate? in the Floor Advice - Flooring Forum area at TilersForums.com

UK Pro Tiling Training
UK Pro Tiling Training
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.