Discuss job prep: Advice regarding SLC onto vinyl tiles? in the Floor Advice - Flooring Forum area at TilersForums.com

C

cam_low

TF
Reactions
Is this process frowned up, these tiles that are down are stuck and to take them up is a days work in 18m2! coming up in little bits.

Can I SLC over the top of them or will I have to remove them, prime and SLC to finish for tile.

Are there any other options to me ?

Thanks peeps

Ps Im pretty sure I will have to do it the hard way ! Im just hoping not !!!!

Last edited:
D

DHTiling

Hiya..

Well in an ideal world , it is advisable to remove.. the choice is yours.. but there are primers etc that will help with tiling over if that IS what you want to do..:)

T

Turkish tiler

if the tile stuck down properly clean the tiles apply mapei eco primer T (straight from bottle don't mix with water) with paint roller wait over night
put mapei latex plan at least 3mm (bag and bottle) wait over night again lay your vinly

C

cam_low

TF
Reactions
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
can i use ardex p51 acrylic primer instead ? as thats what I always use ?

T

Turkish tiler

they will probably give you best advice about their products

The ARDEX Technical Services department is available to answer any technical queries between 08.30 and 17.00 GMT Monday to Friday.
Call on +44 (0)1440 714939 for an answer to your technical problem

Reply to job prep: Advice regarding SLC onto vinyl tiles? in the Floor Advice - Flooring Forum area at TilersForums.com

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Dan Floor Advice - Flooring Forum 0

New Threads (Sitewide)

Top Bottom

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.