Discuss Jaccuzi Spa Re-tile in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Supersy

Good evening,

At my workplace we have just had our Jaccuzi Spa pool re-tiled (In areas) as tiles had come off. My college was told that we should not fill it for 7 days, Would this seam correct? Reason I ask is that I recall being told a shower should stay off for 4 weeks after grouting, surely a Spa would be longer?

I'm also unsure if they used a sealent (I was not in when the work was done) or not. I asume it should have?

I'm unaware if anyone on hear has done a spa but any help would be great as I've to chase them up.

Healthy Regards,
Sy

Reaction score
was it them that tiled it inthe first place ?,if so go with wot they tell you, it is them that will have to come back if more tiles come off , ive tiled loads of these and never had any probs it could be so many things m8!!! :thumbsup:

S

Supersy

Ok cool, They have always been the company that tiled it but because we've had problems with there tiling in other areas I've become skeptical of everything they say (So just want to know if there telling the truth or not!)

Cheers, Sy

S

Supersy

Scotland. It's a hotel complex, Pool, Spa, Steam, Sauna.

I don't know what they are using but it looks exactly like "normal grout" it still appears "rough" so I don't know weather this means there is no sealent on it?

Sy

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Not sure if this a red herring as I don't know mufch about pools but if they are chlorinated (I assume they still are these days) the chlorides will eventually rot a cement based grout. Is that why Epoxy should be used.

Reaction score
yes ajax the water balance or ph is vital it will eat all the calcium based products in the pools construction starting with grout,addy,cement in screed, concete ,the lot m8 :thumbsup:

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
thought so.

Reply to Jaccuzi Spa Re-tile in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks