Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss I've sorted out the 'Find a Trader' section on all our forums in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Should be able to find these forum categories at the top of the forum homepage :) I'm hoping promoting all the forums on all the forum kinda gets more enquiries coming in. Check those out to see what you think.

Find Professional Tradesmen for Free (And of course tradesmen find the work for free!):-
Of course we also have the Tilers Directory and Electrician's Directory too. Register your business to those for free.

We're working on a totally different system for our Plumber's Directory, it's going to be more like a CheckaTrade type website but totally free of charge for both the customer and the tradesman. More on that in the future. If that works out well, we'll convert our tiler's and electrician's directories over to the same kinda thing.

OP
Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
O

Old Mod

If you're trying to promote cross forums, I think it could be more prominently displayed.
Maybe on the homepage too?
I nearly missed it on the forum page, I expected it to be in a banner at the top or something and not just listed.
Is a good idea tho :)

OP
Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
If you're trying to promote cross forums, I think it could be more prominently displayed.
Maybe on the homepage too?
I nearly missed it on the forum page, I expected it to be in a banner at the top or something and not just listed.
Is a good idea tho :)
We're a forum first I don't want to spam the area sort of thing.

You have to remember that the entry page to the website, for about 95% of people, is a thread, not the homepage or forum page. So they'll end up searching google for a tiler or plumber, end up in an existing thread that's similar to the one they want to post, then see what category it's in, and post their own or whatever.

So I wouldn't want to make the forum homepage house too much info about it, it wouldn't be beneficial really.

And if forum members who want to look for work in those areas want to, they can watch the forum category and get either a Push Notification (using pushover) or Email (the old way) and get told when a customer posts in there.

I could may do a notice at the top of the forum, knock a banner up, but I bet it's currently only about 5% of the traffic to the forum that would want to post a job. Maybe even less. So don't want to clutter the whole forum just for that small percentage kinda thing.

I've got it in my signature on all the forums. That might help a bit.

O

Old Mod

We're a forum first I don't want to spam the area sort of thing.

You have to remember that the entry page to the website, for about 95% of people, is a thread, not the homepage or forum page. So they'll end up searching google for a tiler or plumber, end up in an existing thread that's similar to the one they want to post, then see what category it's in, and post their own or whatever.

So I wouldn't want to make the forum homepage house too much info about it, it wouldn't be beneficial really.

And if forum members who want to look for work in those areas want to, they can watch the forum category and get either a Push Notification (using pushover) or Email (the old way) and get told when a customer posts in there.

I could may do a notice at the top of the forum, knock a banner up, but I bet it's currently only about 5% of the traffic to the forum that would want to post a job. Maybe even less. So don't want to clutter the whole forum just for that small percentage kinda thing.

I've got it in my signature on all the forums. That might help a bit.

Ok :)

S

slimtiler

Seems like a good idea, I'm not a tiler as such so looking for work or tools is not something I do, but I can see the benefits in what you are doing. Well done.

Reply to I've sorted out the 'Find a Trader' section on all our forums in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock