Discuss It’s New tools tuesdays in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Nic_P74

TF
Esteemed
Esteemed
Reaction score
CB484018-4FAF-43B1-8A71-F3E303D9EB71.jpeg
My new toy. Massive thanks to Sam @Pro Tiler Tools for helping me out and putting up with me being so indecisive (nearly got the Sigma)

Nic_P74

TF
Esteemed
Esteemed
Reaction score
Did you try Monti, Sigma, Rubi etc before purchase?
Didn’t try the Rubi but did the sigma month and batti. Was very difficult to choose but felt more comfortable with scoring and breaking on the monti. Very difficult to tell with a few cuts. Would almost need them on appro for a week to really get the feel for them. Hoping I like it. Prepping at the moment. Should be fixing Thursday so will know better then.

G

GoneGuy

Didn’t try the Rubi but did the sigma month and batti. Was very difficult to choose but felt more comfortable with scoring and breaking on the monti. Very difficult to tell with a few cuts. Would almost need them on appro for a week to really get the feel for them. Hoping I like it. Prepping at the moment. Should be fixing Thursday so will know better then.
Make sure you have plenty of practice with some scrap pieces of tile first

area tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Got this today as I’ve been looking for one for a while , all my cutters are sigma but just fancied a change ! Today i was cutting 10mm porcelain and it all went well , very clean cut everytime and I like the space you have around the machine when scoring and breaking !!

8A4AC512-6348-4C45-A844-5A752B9D952F.jpeg

S

Spare Tool

Forgot it was Tues, Rubi Tc180...
WP_20181122_18_24_20_Pro.jpg

First go using it today on some 20mm limestone, went through the stone like a knife through butter, kited myself out with hosepipes and tap diverters but by the time I got set out and needed to start cutting it was 3 degrees and lashing it down so set it up inside the property (empty house still ongoing project) with the Henry attached and was very pleasantly surprised on the lack of dust with the hoover on while dry cutting.. The rail and clamps make it simple to follow a dot on each end of the tile.
Think I may need a slightly finer blade and water feed for the next porcelain job I've got it lined up for but up to now its a thumbs up :)

Reply to It’s New tools tuesdays in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks