Discuss Ist post! Vinyl floor in the Floor Advice - Flooring Forum area at TilersForums.com

area tiling

area tiling

TF
Arms
Reactions
GOT A JOB COMING UP THIS WEEK WHERE THE FLOOR THAT IS TO BE TILED PREVIOUSLY HAD VINYL TILES LAID TO IT, AND THEIR IS STILL GLUE RESIDUE ON THE FLOOR, WHICH IS ALSO STILL VERY STICKY. HAS ANYONE ANY SUGGESTIONS AS, WHAT TO DO WITH THIS FLOOR . COZ I DONT REALLY WANY TO SCRAPE 60M2 OF GLUE OF THE FLOOR. I WAS JUST THINKING OF GIVING IT A GOOD SCORE AND UNIBOND, OR TO UNIBOND IT AND APPLY A THIN BASE COAT OF SELF LEVEL . YOUR VIEWS WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED!:thumbsup:

Last edited:
J

jay

hi whats the floor concrete or timber if concrete i would remove at least 90% of residue grinding or screaping not the answer you were after ay :8:

D

doug boardley

.... and after you've done that:yikes:, use an acylic primer, not unibond (I assume you meant PVA!)
Doug
(ps mate, can you ditch the capitols, it's like swearing:thumbsup:)

D

david campbell

as above and would use the slc as you will struggle to get that stuff of completely:thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

You can use a heat gun to soften the glue enough to just scrape up... then laytex slc over the floor..

area tiling

area tiling

TF
Arms
Reactions
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
dont fancy scraping of 90% of 60m2 concrete floor, would acrylic primer and self level not do the job , cheers!

A

Ajax123

TF
Arms
Reactions
862 6
unlikely although it depens on the glue. If old fashioned (marley type) tiles they may have een stuck with a styrene based glue. This would dissolve your acrylic. You might be better with an epoxy or SBR/ Cement slurry. Problem with the epoxy is that you might struggle to get good penetration into the substrate though.

Reply to Ist post! Vinyl floor in the Floor Advice - Flooring Forum area at TilersForums.com

New Threads (Sitewide)

Top Bottom

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.