Discuss issue with measurement of shower enclosure area! With PICS in the General Chat Forum | Tilers Talk area at TilersForums.com

average

TF
Reaction score
I have a minor issue with where my shower tray is going. The ensuite is an L shape and the shower area fits into the corner of the L.

The block layer has made an error with his measurements. His measurements he built are from one side to the other at the front is 1210mm. And at the back wall it's 1220mm. 930mm inwards. My shower tray is 1190x895mm.

If I had noticed this I would have boarded one side of the walls but now it's tiled down to near the tray, im wanting to know what options I have to close this area off. My two options I can come up with is cut a piece of timber, screw to the wall and tile over this to close of this gap.

Option two would be to buy a tile bath/shower trim and install where the tiles meet the tray and adjust it to close this area off and fill with silicone underneath!

If I go with option two, what is the width of these trims. I do prefer the clean cut look where tile meets the tray however at this stage, I can live with it. IMG_20211118_153940771.jpg

Reply to issue with measurement of shower enclosure area! With PICS in the General Chat Forum | Tilers Talk area at TilersForums.com

Similar threads

• Suggestion
Thanks for the welcome. I have a problem with cracked grout in our en-suite shower, which is within the dormer of a chalet style bungalow, so a timber wall construction. Shower area has hardiebacker board fixed through 50mm overdrawn Celotex using turbo gold screws. 10mm porcelain tiles fixed...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi. I hope its ok to ask a question on here. I am changing my shower surround. The tiles in my shower are tiled straight onto a wall (breeze block walls that have been palstered) The old surround was only just small enough for the shower tray. So much so that the tiles for my shower are cut...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I recently installed a new ensuite walk in shower using Abacus Single Fall tray former. I had to build a timber raised platform to sit on the concrete floor (in a flat). I topped with 18mm chipboard and then bedded it down (sorta) using flexible adhesive. The tray former got bedded down ontop...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all I am just about to install a shower but need to extend the current tiles to the ceiling (currently has 4 rows) around two end walls and the bath. I am concerned if I remove the current tiles I will damage the plaster board walls. So my 'plan' is the tile over the existing tiles. The...
Replies
Views
Greetings All, appreciate the expertise existing in this forum. I am a home remodeler, not a professional, but have done 4 homes completely down to the studs, including many many square feet of tiling floors, wall, ceiling, bathroom. I have a very difficult problem to diagnose. I have a...
Replies
Views

Latest 10

Thanks for visiting TilersForums.com, formerly known as TilersForums.co.uk.

Search Forum