Discuss Is Ultracolour Plus Grout Flexible? in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

RandyC

TF
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm laying 150mm x 900mm tiles staggered on the kitchen floor and looking for a cement grey grout. I've seen that Mapei do the Ultracolour Plus, and some bags state flexible and some don't. I've checked on the Mapei website and it says that Ultracolour is flexible, but just making sure that it's all flexible and there isn't some old batch that isn't, or if there are 2 versions?

For example as a DIY'er I tend to go to Screwfix for the supplies but this doesn't state it's flexible: Mapei Ultracolor Plus Grout Cement Grey 5kg - https://www.NoLinksToThis/p/mapei-ultracolor-plus-grout-cement-grey-5kg/55838

Last edited:
I

Italy

Hi all, I'm laying 150mm x 900mm tiles staggered on the kitchen floor and looking for a cement grey grout. I've seen that Mapei do the Ultracolour Plus, and some bags state flexible and some don't. I've checked on the Mapei website and it says that Ultracolour is flexible, but just making sure that it's all flexible and there isn't some old batch that isn't, or if there are 2 versions?

For example as a DIY'er I tend to go to Screwfix for the supplies but this doesn't state it's flexible: Mapei Ultracolor Plus Grout Cement Grey 5kg - https://www.NoLinksToThis/p/mapei-ultracolor-plus-grout-cement-grey-5kg/55838
ultracolor or other types of cementitious and epoxy fillers
they are not flexible.
the only flexible is this type of grouting

D

Dumbo

Ultra colour plus that I use claims to be flexible .
Make sure screwfix one isn't made to suit screwfix .

I

Italy

Ultra colour plus that I use claims to be flexible .
Make sure screwfix one isn't made to suit screwfix .
technical sheet in Italian does not say flexible.
perhaps the technical data sheet in English yes.
(but listen to me, they are telling you lies) ahah

D

Dumbo

technical sheet in Italian does not say flexible.
perhaps the technical data sheet in English yes.
(but listen to me, they are telling you lies) ahah
Mapei uk getting a phone call tomorrow.
[automerge]1563303637[/automerge]
Actually interesting , maybe ucp for English market is flexible. But maybe screwfix import it themselves so it may not be ucp for the English market.

I

Italy

What does the technical data sheet say in English?

Attachments

• 2801-ultracolorplus-gbbf2fb37579c562e49128ff01007028e9.pdf
    772.9 KB · Views: 13
O

On one

No mention of being flexible.
[automerge]1563306207[/automerge]
Just taken a picture of a bag in the van. Albeit made in Nov 18

Attachments

• 20190716_203654.jpg
    908.2 KB · Views: 13
Q

Qwerty

My understanding is that it is flexible but you're right the specs dont specifically mention it

Ive moved this from the DIY section into the grout section

Bond

TF
Arms
Reaction score
The mention of special polymers on the spec sheet would suggest a degree of flexibility.

Reply to Is Ultracolour Plus Grout Flexible? in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks