Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss is tiling the most difficult of all the trades in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Balloo

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
This is the topic on site today , and obviously everyone protested their trade is the most difficult but id love to here what you guys think .

T

Time's Ran Out

I doubt if there is any easy construction jobs and certainly tile is not the most difficult IMHO.
However I certainly think it is one of the most rewarding both aesthetically and financially.
You can be leaving a piece of work of immense quality for years to come and in which the customer will benefit in future house value.
Of course if done correctly!

nybor62

TF
Reaction score
I remember years ago a similar discussion , about who earns the most on site , every one saying plumbers , one plumber I knew really well , said your all wrong ,ask the tilers what there earning , they were all shocked when I told them , one particular plumber was raging , saying 4 years apprenticeship and a tiler earning more , I just laughed

D

Dumbo

On site if you large areas and the correct tile and a good substrate you can earn good money on low metre rates . I did one site where it was that easy to set out, it took 5minutes from finishing one room until you were putting https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ on the wall in the next . I could do bathroom walls in a day whereas the quicker guys could get the floor down as well .

F

Flintstone

I see tile as the most skilled trade, and it's fast becoming the most technical too. Electrical work is all knowledge based and plumbing, well you need to be a bit special to be a plumber .

OP
Balloo

Balloo

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Plastering and tile, then i do both :hearnoevil:
Plastering???? You mad thats eas
Judging by what I have to deal with . Plastering and floor screeding are very difficult and getting baths and shower trays level is really
Judging by what I have to deal with . Plastering and floor screeding are very difficult and getting baths and shower
I see tile as the most skilled trade, and it's fast becoming the most technical too. Electrical work is all knowledge based and plumbing, well you need to be a bit special to be a plumber .
Check out this guy ,, I wish I could tile with flip flops on , that takes skill

Reply to is tiling the most difficult of all the trades in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock