Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Is this Addy ok for 20mm marble slabs in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

lucius

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Customer has got this for 20mm marble floor slabs can anyone give me any feed back on it thanks not used it before thanks.
Ultra Tile Fix
Pro Flex Spes S1
Standard set flexi

Corin

-
Reaction score
You need a white https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ and it needs to be made with latex not water. You need to fully butter them and then seal them with a capillary sealant/breathable when the https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ has fully dried like Lithofin Stain Stop MN. Primer too. You need to seal them prior to grouting or just not get grout on them by taping the joints or using a gun. Avoid coloured grouts and test first as they dye can leech into the stone. They are incredible easy to **** up, do not clean them with anything other than water and a soft cloth. Don't let anything sit on them ever, clean them immediately. They are water sensitive and they chip and break very easily too. You can't even use citrus based cleaners on them. It takes a lot longer to do than most other natural stone and a lot longer than ceramic or porcelain, get on day rate if you can.

OP
L

lucius

TF
Reaction score
Thanks mate, I've done marble before but all my work the last few years has been in Spain so wasnt familiar with this product we only have Mapei, Webber and a few Spanish brands, these are big tiles,1.2 x .600, I've got a bit of prep to do on the floor but all my tools are in Spain and I have handy here us a 10 mill square notch and ime thinking I need to go bigger maybe 15mm, what do you think.

Corin

-
Reaction score
If you're buttering them then I'd use a 10mm for both to get a 10mm bed under them. Depends how level the floor is though, I guess. It could be too thin in places with tiles that big. I'd definitely use clips with them being that size on latex.

OP
L

lucius

TF
Reaction score
If you're buttering them then I'd use a 10mm for both to get a 10mm bed under them. Depends how level the floor is though, I guess. It could be too thin in places with tiles that big. I'd definitely use clips with them being that size on latex.
I dont like combing the back butter as it can ghost through hence ime thinking 15 mm trowel and just generously back skimming ,unlikely but as you say you can't be to carefully with this stuff,I will be spending some time prepping the floor there is some self leveling involved and yes clips.

Reaction score
Customer has got this for 20mm marble floor slabs can anyone give me any feed back on it thanks not used it before thanks.
Ultra Tile Fix
Pro Flex Spes S1
Standard set flexi
Standard as any other marble or natural tile:
If the floor is really all over, level first with a suitable levelling compound.
Install a de-coupling membrane on the floor.
Level if necessary with a suitable levelling compound.
Tile with a white https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ suitable for large format and to the conditions (S1/2)

If you are a messy tiler, or there will be heavy footfall in stages, I would suggest sealing all the stone prior to fixing. If not, just keep clean and seal 12 hours prior to grouting with Lithofin MN Stainstop or other.

OP
L

lucius

TF
Reaction score
Standard as any other marble or natural tile:
If the floor is really all over, level first with a suitable levelling compound.
Install a de-coupling membrane on the floor.
Level if necessary with a suitable levelling compound.
Tile with a white https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ suitable for large format and to the conditions (S1/2)

If you are a messy tiler, or there will be heavy footfall in stages, I would suggest sealing all the stone prior to fixing. If not, just keep clean and seal 12 hours prior to grouting with Lithofin MN Stainstop or other.
Thanks, more or less what it is, what size trowel would you use ?

Reply to Is this Addy ok for 20mm marble slabs in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock