Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Is this a silly question? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

T

Time's Ran Out

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Long straight edge propped up with a stack of tiles each end.

OP
J

Jon329

TF
Reaction score
Well I've finally made a start, and very happy with how level it is. Only question I now have is should I have left an expansion gap between the floor and wall tiles? Looking online people seem to say you only need an expansion gap for commercial large scale jobs or natural stone, this is just porcelain. Thought I'd best ask before I do the rest of the room. I used to put a tile spacer between it but decided not to after looking online this time

20190419_155429.jpg

OP
J

Jon329

TF
Reaction score
Yeah I'll be using silicone. I've only done these 4 tiles above the mosaics hopefully they'll be alright, I'll use the spacers on the rest. Theres some fluctuation in the mosaics anyway so probs got a few mm in places

Reaction score
Good method, apart from using timber batons. However, that doesn't matter as i understand you are concerned about holes in the tanking membrane? Just fill the holes with tanking paint or silicone before fixing the bottom course. Easy.

Reply to Is this a silly question? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock