Discuss Is My Bathroom Subfloor Good Enough? in the Tiling over Electric Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

J-S-Q

TF
I am DIY refurbing a bathroom in my house and would be grateful for some advice...

The subfloor is T&G chipboard, nailed onto joists. It was previously tiled and had UFH but I have now stripped this. My plan is to install Warmup DCM-Pro, with 100mm Warmup insulation boards and then tile on top.

There is a certain amount of tile adhesive residue left from the old installation so the surface is a little uneven. I guess it has some bumps of 2-3mm. There are also a few small punctures in the flooring (see photos). What is my best way forward? Should I:

a) Crack on and glue down the insulation boards.
a) Repair the holes somehow and possibly apply self-leveling compound.
b) Rip up the chipboard and replace with plywood.
c) Something else?

Thanks!
Bathroom floor 1.jpg Bathroom floor 2.jpg

Mapei Tile Adhesive - Official forum sponsor
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Wayne Brown

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
207 1
The job will only be as good as the prep I would overboard with hardi backer first screwed down and sealed as their spec you then has a new stable surface to work off others may disagree . Kop

Reply to Is My Bathroom Subfloor Good Enough? in the Tiling over Electric Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

uHeat Official Forum Sponsor for Underfloor Heating (Electric and Wet)
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Top Bottom

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.