Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Invoices unpaid - best legal route to getting paid ? in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

DGH

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi everyone,

I have a delightful customer who thinks they don't have to comply with what they agreed before work commenced and has not paid invoices for two stages of work completed. Their issue is with additional works (positioning external cable the electrician failed to do to enable tile to progress and provide additional support for tile work under a decking face neglected by others) charged for but are not paying for work agreed to and completed also.

Essentially customer had external tile (split face marble) installed by others to retaining walls and under raised decking for hot tub face. Horrible plastic trim at corners and tiles were falling off and efflorescence evident throughout = failed installation.

Estimate provided with the proviso of payments due after each stage of work completed - estimate accepted via email.

Stages comprised of 1) rip out existing (paid) - 2) straighten walls (paid) - 3) install Marmox board and do additional work (unforseen at start hence estimate) (unpaid) 4) install new split face porcelain tile with mitred corners (unpaid)

and this is where we are at many many weeks on with two overdue notices already presented. 4) was installed before 3) was paid because of the need to take advantage of good weather and as previous invoices had been paid as agreed I thought there would be no bother!!

I would appreciate any help/insight into the best way forward in a legal capacity of course in getting these invoices paid. There has been no response from the customer at all.

This is a first so if anyone has been in this unfortunate situation before and resolved it and is happy to share that would be great.

Cheers and happy tile !

Trigger

Arms
Reaction score
I feel for you, I know one day it will happen to me.

Have a read of this it might help.

Hope it works out.

OP
D

DGH

TF
Reaction score
I feel for you, I know one day it will happen to me.

Have a read of this it might help.

Hope it works out.
Thanks for your input I will look that over. I understand patience is important in these matters !!!

Reply to Invoices unpaid - best legal route to getting paid ? in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock