Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss International Specifications for installing marble tile in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Ronin63

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Good day everyone, and I hope you are all staying good and healthy.
Guys and girls,,I have a new project to work on, with marble tiles. The specifications call for ASTM standards, which is screed substrate, then flexible https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ using a notched trowel.
A contractor asked if it was ok to do the "old method" he states, of red sand, and then a white cement slurry of 1 part sand to 3 parts water to make a slurry. He spreads it all over the sand, than lays down the tile, taps it lightly, puts in his spacers and then off to the next tile. So my question is: is this type of installation in any specifications in the world? Whether it be American, British or Australian Standards?

Reply to International Specifications for installing marble tile in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock