• UK Tiling Forum that lauched to the World. USA and UK Tile Fixers

Welcome to the UK Tiling Forum for UK Tiling Advice, and US Tile Fixers Advice, whether wall tiling or floor tiling advice, by Tilers Forums. The collective tiling advice forum. TilersForums.co.uk now redirects to TilersForums.com.

Discuss Internal Corners (again!) in the UK Tiling Forum | Tiling Advice area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
I've seen lots of posts on internal corners in a bathroom but am still confused as to what to do and I apologise for not getting it. I am tiling a bathroom wall and have got to the internal corners. From what I understand the two tiles will overlap and that a gap of 2mm should be used (ebtween the tiles I presume?). But on the first wall should I grout the corner and then on the second wall where the tile overlaps do I grout and then apply sealant on top?

Or should I not be using grout at all and just fill the gaps with sealant to enable a bit of flexibility?

Really appreciate any help on this and thanks in advance.

eddcottee

Arms
Reaction score
You dont need to be forcing it right down into the joint at all. The gap is there to allow for expansion movement. The silicone is a sealant and stops the water from getting into that gap.

Reply to Internal Corners (again!) in the UK Tiling Forum | Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Replies you've not seen

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dazzer