Discuss Intermediate Tiler need HELP.... Thankyou in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Roni

-
Reaction score
So I recently took on this job that a cowboy ran from. They seem to be getting more and more common... So im facing a bit of a dilema I cant figure out.

Inside the pond will be 300x300 blue glass mosaics

The top of lip of the pond will be the brown 300x 600s along with all the sides and features inner sides. All brown.

And the backsplash will be a white thick stone cladding it comes in like little strips

What i cant figure out is the little gap between the bottom and the backsplash.. ive just installed a new pump and not sure if the waters going to trickle down or waterfall. The lip is around 35mm thick
What do i do?

IMG20201209155428.jpg
IMG20201209094542.jpg

Reaction score
I think they waterfall rather than trickle. I would test it to find out or speak to the supplier just to be sure.

The cladding im guessing is probably a split face type stone which comes in varying depths, the mosaic is probably around 3mm, So i reckon you'll be able to 'lose' the lip in the depth variation of the tile with some sneaky tiling...

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Just a side note here, the weather looks lovely where is that?

Roni

-
Reaction score
Just a side note here, the weather looks lovely where is that? Beaut
I think they waterfall rather than trickle. I would test it to find out or speak to the supplier just to be sure.

The cladding im guessing is probably a split face type stone which comes in varying depths, the mosaic is probably around 3mm, So i reckon you'll be able to 'lose' the lip in the depth variation of the tile with

The cladding im guessing is probably a split face type stone which comes in varying depths, the mosaic is probably around 3mm, So i reckon you'll be able to 'lose' the lip in the depth variation of the tile with some sneaky tiling...
What do you think if i go with a brown strip along that lip instead cause the cladding is like 10mm too short

Reply to Intermediate Tiler need HELP.... Thankyou in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks