Discuss insulating existing concrete floor prior to tiling in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

U

Unregistered

i have an existing concrete floor (with dpc) that i wish to install a thin insulating layer onto prior to tiling, any suggestions as to suitable materials please, taking up the concrete is not an option and very restricted re door/ceiling height

B

bugs183

Google them, quite a few stockists around. You'd be better off starting with 10mm if you can get away with the height, any less and you won't get much insulation. I used 10mm under a mates floor in his cottage and you do feel the difference in temperature. :thumbsup:

Q

Qwerty

As others have said, use an insulation board. Marmox is a fantastic product and I can personally recommend Tilefix Direct. 10mm is highly recommended....

apu6aqar.jpg

U

Unregistered

Google them, quite a few stockists around. You'd be better off starting with 10mm if you can get away with the height, any less and you won't get much insulation. I used 10mm under a mates floor in his cottage and you do feel the difference in temperature. :thumbsup:

cheers, would go for 10 if i had the height

J

jonnyc

From what I understand from trimline technical for their dukkaboard,there is a big difference between 10mm and 6mm dukkaboard insulation properties.go down to 4mm and even less obviously .always go as thick as you can even if need an angled threshold in door

Reply to insulating existing concrete floor prior to tiling in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks