Discuss Installing mirror into tile recess/flush with tiles. in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi,

I am planning to install custom made 6mm thick mirror (1.7m x 1m) into a tile recess. The mirror is about 25kg. The tiles are protruding out about 1.5cm - 2cm.

Thinking to glue with pinkgrip and then plug & screw 6mm tile backer boards to add thickness to the wall before gluing the mirror with mirror glue.

I am also planning to finish the top and bottom of the mirror with an H-Joint aluminium tile trim (see a bottom section example on the attached photo). The bottom tile trim will be glued to the tiles/wall before inserting and gluing the mirror with mirror glue and the insert and glue the top tile trim afterwards. Alternatively I can glue the mirror first and the insert and potentially glue the trims?

My question are:

1) Is it ok to go with the 6mm tile backer board in order to make the mirror flush with the trims and tiles
2) What installation order should I take: bottom trim - mirror and top trim or rather install mirror first on support and wait for it to cure and then insert and glue the trims?
3) Should I be gluing the tile trims to the wall/tiles as well? If so can I use pinkgrip as well or maybe I can use mirror glue or sth else to glue them down?

Many thanks,
Andrew

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-01-14 at 22.30.29.jpeg
    147.1 KB · Views: 11
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-01-14 at 22.30.29 (1).jpeg
    168 KB · Views: 9
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-01-14 at 22.30.29 (2).jpeg
    153.9 KB · Views: 9

Reply to Installing mirror into tile recess/flush with tiles. in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
po-tay-toes
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks