Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Installing Extruded Poly board in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

N

NZ_Tiler

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Are all the extruded poly boards fixed with tabbed washers?

The photo attached is a showroom example, where they haven't used washers anywhere, an important detail I thought.

Surly not using them, there is potential for failures there????

59825267_10216609377418670_6014094914764144640_n.jpg

OP
N

NZ_Tiler

P
What's that board? Looks like a Kerdi-board copy?
Prodeso , Italian.

These boards are quite new down under.

The seller should be taking care when setting up examples. You don't know what you don't know... Someone sees this and does the same.

OP
N

NZ_Tiler

1). And how do you get to the screw when it’s tiled?
2). Have you ever done showroom work?
3). There is a saying in England - ‘ Kiwis and children shouldn't see a job half done’.

The supplier is showing the product off.

Covering it with tiles defeats the purpose.

Still as arrogant as ever John.

OP
T

Tile Shop

Hold ones horses dear chap. I'm sure he didn't mean anything racist by it. He just gets very passionate about.... well.... stuff. you obviously know what he's like so shouldn't come as a surprise when you start bringing his drill into it.

Besides, gotta love wikipedia:
Kiwi (/kiːwiː/) is the nickname used internationally for people from New Zealand, as well as being a relatively common self-reference.

Hardly think that part of it is racist if its something used internationally and that even your own country refer to your own natives as. Commentary on the Rugby will definitely need sorting if this is a new thing. But not heard "the saying" before so......... Anyway, back to the thread.

If they are showing the product, high probability that it will be part tiled over, leaving a small section exposed to show its intended use, maybe covering that screw.

If they are leaving it like or at least leaving the bolt exposed, then agreed, they probably should have really incorporated a proper washer, and even go the whole hog and put a membrane patch over it to avert a "monkey see monkey do" situation.

But on the other hand if its a pre-built display from the manufacturer, probably was the only way to attach it to the stand. who knows. Ask them and highlight the issue, see what their explanation is.

OP
T

Tile Shop

Another example, in showrooms you see many tiles butted up on boards without grout, or even stone displays left ungrouted and unsealed. You wouldn't necessarily look at them and think "oh, that must be how it should be done".

OP
T

Time's Ran Out

@NZ_Tiler - I’ve left your report in moderation for administration to deal with and I await the repercussions.

220 posts in 10 years and you waste some of this years quota on me!
Sad!

OP
N

NZ_Tiler

Can someone remove my profile permanently.

Not going to be part of a group that supports the likes of John

Reply to Installing Extruded Poly board in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock