Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Inside corners with beveled tile in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi, this is my first time working with beveled tile and after doing my layout in a shower surrond, I realized that the wall that has the shower valve will meet the long wall with all cut tiles. And on the long wall, every 3rd row will have a run of full tiles. I'm not sure what is the correct way to deal with insider corners with bevels when there is a mix of cuts and bevels. The way it's working out to get a decent wrap around look doesn't allow me to get around having full tiles on the long wall. These are 7.5 x 30 tiles. Thanks for the advice.

Reaction score
Hi, this is my first time working with beveled tile and after doing my layout in a shower surrond, I realized that the wall that has the shower valve will meet the long wall with all cut tiles. And on the long wall, every 3rd row will have a run of full tiles. I'm not sure what is the correct way to deal with insider corners with bevels when there is a mix of cuts and bevels. The way it's working out to get a decent wrap around look doesn't allow me to get around having full tiles on the long wall. These are 7.5 x 30 tiles. Thanks for the advice.
Hi. I had the same problem. The way I sorted this was to cut just the bevelled end off a number of tiles (make sure it's the least amount you can cut off say 20mm). If it's a brickwork pattern then you can start off in one corner with a slightly cut tile. Place the first row as normal. Your next row will have to take into account the slightly shorter tile below and therefore be 20mm shorter than half length. Once you have that, do your second row and so forth. This way, all your tiles meet in the corner with the same thickness. Repeat for all the other walls working AWAY from this first wall. It is often best to start with the first wall facing you as you walk into the room to make it more aesthetically pleasing.

Hope this helps

Reply to Inside corners with beveled tile in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock