Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss I need advise asap! I used self leveler instead of grout!! in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

LSolly

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Seriously! I grabbed the wrong bag and used self-leveler instead of grout!! I know, I've said every possible thing to myself that you are already thinking! I don't know what to do now though! It's for a polished rock shower floor. I don't know if I should apply a thin layer of grout over top and seal it, chip it all out and start over (please say no), don't put any grout over it and seal it as is... someone please tell me what will happen if I leave the self leveling in. Will it crumble? Can I seal it like I would grout? Advice asap!

Reaction score
Is it for your own house or customers, I would say a multi tool and grout removal blade and check you have the grout bag in your hand and grout the tiles.

J

J Sid

if you wet it quickly before it's fully hardens it may soften up and be scrapable

Cranbrook

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
How wide is your grout line? If a mil or two, get a Stanley knife down there as soon as possible and get it out before it fully sets... Obviously that's if you feel it needs to be removed

Reply to I need advise asap! I used self leveler instead of grout!! in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock