Discuss How we all coping during lockdown. in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi members. How are you coping during lockdown?

Anyone still working? , had my first bathroom this week since end of march. Only coz it is an empty house ( not lived in ).

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
same, tiled an empty house this week, first job since lockdown, and I ache all over now..lol.

still struggling to get materials, but thinking of going back full time once the local suppliers re-open. will know more Sunday about the lockdown, hopefully it will be eased up a bit, still worrying times though. it's hard to know what's to do for the best...

D

Deleted member 54066

Haven't had any time off yet, and i have at least 8 weeks work ahead of me. Me only at each job.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Not worked since 23rd March, all occupied houses going forward. Had a couple of jobs cancel but still have several months work ahead.
Starting back 1st June, hopefully...

Last edited:
Reaction score
The last bathroom I did ran into the lockdown then all my jobs were put on hold, had 2 weeks with no work (been very little help for the self employed and not a great situation to be in, relying on savings with bills coming in as normal). But I'm really grateful that a outside tiling job was brought forward and the customer was able to get all the materials delivered. Have been working outside for the last 3 weeks but have been helping with the new garden layout as well, have swapped the trowel for a pick and shovel but would have taken on anything to keep ticking over, should be ready to lay the limestone from Monday. Thoughts to everyone on here hoping things work out in the long run 👍

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Had about 3 weeks off, just been riding my bikes, living near the scotish bordereans i have great roads to ride and endless hills so probably fitter than ever at the moment but i have picked a bit of work up in an empty house a few doors away and have a bit of outside/inside work on a new build left to do, so a few weeks sort of give or take, I have a few months of work ahead once things become clearer, no ones cancelled yet, my concerns are, most of my customers are retired and how we can safely work in their houses without putting them at risk.
Has anyone drawn up/given it some thought, safe practices while working in their homes, if they can't leave while you work.
Be good to hear others thoughts on it.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
The government set out guidelines about 6 weeks ago for working in occupied houses, check there website!

These guidelines are only for “essential work”
ie boiler servicing, electrical repairs etc.

D

Deleted member 54066

Yes that's correct Neil, how do you expect them to change, if at all, now for none essential work?
I don't see those guidelines changing now or for the next year.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Yes that's correct Neil, how do you expect them to change, if at all, now for none essential work?
I don't see those guidelines changing now or for the next year.

I hope the situation will be made clearer later today.
Personally I am going back on 1st June unless things change in the meantime.
I am finding most customers are happy with us returning as long as it’s made clear by government that’s it’s ok and social distancing is being adhered to.

Reply to How we all coping during lockdown. in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks