Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss How to work out your reaction ratio in the Struggling With The Forum? - Ask for Help Here area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
So the new tags that automatically get dished out by the forum work on a ratio of your posts versus the likes those posts have received.

So here's my profile:

dan-reaction-score.png

As you can see I have 23,000 posts and just under 5,000 'reaction score' (basically, likes).
So my score isn't even 1:1. Or even 2:1 and It's only just 4:1. Or 0.25 - That's a very low score. I'm a terrible member. Though a lot of what I do on here is make changes, and nobody likes change. lol I'm okay with that, I'll take it on my massive chin.

But @Tony_C's profile looks like this:

tony_c-reaction-score.png

So he has 267 messages, and those 267 messages have been liked 793 times!!!!!! Well done Tony_C.

So his reaction score has a ratio of over 1:2. So his 1 average message has more than 2 likes each!

Obviously newer members post in the current environment. Where as us older established members had only one like button many moons ago.

But the proof is in the pudding I guess.

I've changed the way the welcome area works. Because we used to encourage just a 'Hi and welcome to the forum' as a reply. And often those posts would never get liked. The original poster has long moved on to either their advice thread or has received their advice quickly and left. So that would have harmed established members ratios. So that's not the case anymore as your posts in the old welcome forum don't get counted at all. But in the new, they do, and will.

I hope that makes sense.

You can all get a rough idea of how your reaction ratios are going. And you know what to do to improve them, only if you want to of course.

Happy posting. And give me a shout if anything doesn't make sense.

All the best.

:)
3_fall. This is the one.

It will be altered a bit if too many end up with it. And if people are circumventing it by liking rubbish posts I'll roll the counts back.

It's for providing good advice and lots of it. :)

Last edited:

Reply to How to work out your reaction ratio in the Struggling With The Forum? - Ask for Help Here area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock