Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss How to work out total price per square metre in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

G

GoneGuy

Please checkout the following advertisement.
hi all.
Need some help how can I work out total price per square metre.
Including adhesives and grouts etc.
As I have been approached by a kitchen fitter to provide a price and I need to get back to him asap.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I add about £5.00 to my meter square rate to allow for https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ ,grout ect
So if you want to clear £25 a meter charge £30 per meter .

OP
T

Time's Ran Out

What you need to do is ask him to send a job specification/job of works .
Every job will be different .
I put down 70 mts of 300x300 mm in 2 days in an empty Greggs. It then took me another 2 days to put the skirting on to all their units and walls working around 20 trades. No one gives a sh*t and you lose out big time.

OP
G

GoneGuy

Thank you all for your responses, I've had a chat with the kitchen fitter and he is going to arrange for me to go with him on his surveys so I an give a better quote.
In his plan of works he has been allocated £60 square metre with all materials for tile.

GAZ5518

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
£60 M2 is a good rate if it's cash in hand... If not then a 3m2 between units with sockets galore could potentially be a day's work for £130 ish ..( IMPO )
I'd Go for a day rate to be safe.....
And to be even safer.... Wear a condom!!:confused::confused:

OP
G

GoneGuy

The £60 m2 was the budget the store has given him and he obviously wants me to do it cheaper so he can put his 10% on top, I was advised to do day rate for kitchen units etc.

OP
T

Time's Ran Out

£60 with all materials - so that could be https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive//grout/trims (possibly metal), not inc. preparation or your overheads.
You will need at least 4 metres a day grouted every day to earn his percentage and your wages. That will inc. a wnindow cill, half a dozen sockets and fast setting https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/. Then if it's just a metre and a half will you do it for £70? Best is day work of £** up to 4 metres then his higher rate for 4+ and decreasing over whatever you can do in a day, because after that your on 2 days work and back to lower income.

Reply to How to work out total price per square metre in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock